Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I Have A Dream

I love acting.

In a perfect world I would spend the rest of my life creating shenanigans with Lindsay Lohan as the actors/sex symbols of the movie industry for the next thirty years.

Realistically, this dream is laughable. But I will not give up!

George Washington and the founding fathers dreamed of an independent America, Martin Luther King Jr. dreamed of an integrated, equal United States, and Al Gore dreamed of the Internet.

At one point in American history these dreams were laughable. But through hard work, persistence, bravery, and ambition, these dreams came to fruition.

My fellow Americans: America is the land of opportunity. It's where the poorest child can become the richest man, it's where an immigrant refugee can find peace and stability, and yes, it's where George Bush can dupe America into electing him President. Twice.

Anything can happen in the good ol' U.S. of A., and so the dream lives on.

In sixteen days I will be performing in Alice in Wonderland here at Boston University. Admittedly, I do not expect this performance to catapult me to elite status in the acting industry. I do, however, know that while I study advertising and political science at Boston University, Alice in Wonderland represents the will of one man to keep his dreams alive.

God bless America, and God bless Lindsay Lohan!

No comments: