Thursday, March 09, 2006

Matt Baram: Renaissance Man

Poppye said: I am what I am and that's all that I am.

No one, not even Matt Baram, can predict what Matt Baram is going to do next.

As hard as he tried to limit his interests, to concentrate his effort and ambition on one or two things, Matt is finding it harder and harder to control his ever-changing desires.

He still has dreams of being an NBA superstar, a guitar playing rock star, the first Jewish President of the United States, a World Series of Poker champion, the general manager of the Utah Jazz, an advertising creative genius, a stand-up comedian, the movie preview guy, the next Mike Meyers, the messiah, CEO of Coca Cola Inc., and the soon-to-be-found, lost son of Hugh Hefner.

As the years keep passing and the seconds keep ticking, Matt finds that the list keeps expanding to include new, possibly impossible endeavors.

Just yesterday, Matt decided that he wants to be an author. Some might argue this is an old ambition of his. But Matt was not referring to his long-standing desire to write an autobiography, though he recognizes that his stories are those of legend.

Matt's current interest lies in dragons, elves, dwarves, knights, wizards, gold, fire, good versus evil, and scantily clad fairies.

Yes, Matt Baram wants to write a fantasy novel.

Unfortunately, after hours of hard work, thought, and concentration Matt could not create a decent character name, let alone a mediocre plot. Later that night, he did however, have dreams in which he could transform into Blaze, the handsome, witty, one-eyed King of the Dragons.

While Matt can't promise the novel will ever be completed, he vows that if written, his fantasy epic will be a literary masterpiece.

Yes, I wish I could be Matt Baram too.

1 comment:

Nick Kasprak said...

Awesome acronym: Matthew Baram = Tater Wham Bam