I think I wrote in an earlier Blog entry that I have a penchant for switching career ambitions. I wish I could chalk it up to being just another confused 21 year-old without a clue as to what I want. Unfortunately, that would be a lie.
My problem is that I want to do everything.
In a perfect world I would be a main stage actor, perennial Oscar-candidate, screenwriter, basketball superstar, senator, creative director behind the award winning Coca-Cola advertising campaign, movie trailer voice, cartoon voice-over, fantasy novelist, Professional Wrestler, Rock and Roll Superstar, and President of the United States- all in one lifetime.
In fact, I have already outlined my career path that would lead to me accomplishing most of these goals.
After college I will accept an entry level job at some Advertising agency in New York. I will slowly climb the ladder and after seven years I will become a creative director. For the next three years I will create amazing, creative, entertaining, successful advertisements, earning wads of cash and making great contacts in the world of Hollywood.
These contacts are the key to my future. The directors, actors, cameramen, etc that I will meet while creating top-notch advertising will be my pawns to success. I will use these relationships to leave the advertising world and start my acting/screenwriting career.
After 15 years of successful movies, a couple Oscars, and all the women, money, and accolades I can ever hope for, it will be time to stop acting and pursue a nobler ambition. I will use my money to join that infamous "millionaire's club," or, The Senate.
I will win a Senate seat, probably in my home-state of Connecticut and serve my state and country for the next eight to twelve years. I will be the driving force behind policy that ends world hunger, provides Universal health care, and makes America the most popular and loved country in the world.
At this point there will be no stopping me.
*I will be President of the United States.
Am I unrealistic? Am I a dreamer? Well, if there's anything I've learned in my life it's that a dreamer keeps a dreaming, ages on!
To this point, the plan isn't going completely as planned. In fact, I might be changing the order of things. Instead of becoming an advertising creative director, I may very well be on my way to Hollywood stardom!
This summer, Aidan Levy and myself have embarked on a quest to write and sell a screenplay. Our first draft is complete and we are currently working on the second. Furthermore, we actually have real producers who are willing to read our script.
We've worked tirelessly thus far, editing and re-writing, discussing and philosophising, attempting to create perfect characters and dialogue. Could two, average, Jewish guys from northern CT make it big in Hollywood? Well, yea. I suppose we could.
This script better be damn good! The future of America may rest in the balance.
*Note- Matt Baram does not actually intend to ever run for President.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dude, you should run for president and make sure every American household has double-quilted toilet paper ("loo paper") in their bathroom. Amend an act or something.
Hey man!
I've made the big move from LJland to the Bloggersphere...and boy, are my arms tired! (*cue muffled groaning from audience*)
What's your screenplay on? I'm startin' to cook one up myself based on my experiences in searching for a career in education so far, and part of the heart of it is exactly what you're talking about here -- not being willing to slam any doors of opportunity shut, but struggling to figure out how to start somewhere. I hear that loud and clear, man.
Would you ever be up for collaborating on another project sometime?
You should run for President, you totally have my vote!
Post a Comment